谢谢用英语怎么说(谢谢用英语怎么读出来)

圈圈笔记 67

不支持的音频/视频格式请试试刷新重播播放00:00/00:00直播00:00进入全屏0点击按住可拖动视频

Which of these 17 interesting ways do you use to reply to thank you?

以下 17 种有趣的方式,你会用哪一种来回复 Thank you?

Lets find out.

让我们一探究竟。

Hello, this is Keith from English Speaking Success and the Keith Speaking Academy.

大家好,我是来自 English Speaking Success 和 Keith Speaking Academy的基思。

So listen, probably the most common answer to thanks or thank you is youre welcome, right?

听着,回答感谢或谢谢,最常见的可能是不客气,对吧?

You are welcome.

不客气。

We pronounce it youre/jʊə/ welcome.

读成 youre/jʊə/ welcome。

Youre welcome.

不客气。

And thats absolutely fine.

这个回答绝对没问题。

You can use that.

你可以这么回答。

That said, there are a lot of other ways of replying to thank you, and its probably useful for you to know about them, at least to understand them, if not maybe to use them as well.

不过,还有很多其他的方式来回复谢谢,了解这些方式可能对你很有用,至少能理解它们,也许还能用到它们。

So in this video, Im gonna show you 16 other ways you can answer thank you.

在这个视频中,我将展示 16 种其他回答谢谢的方式。

And at the end of the video, Ill show you one way that if you use this, you can show any British person that you really know your onions.

在视频的最后,我会展示一种回答方式,如果你用这个回答,你可以向任何英国人展示你真的知道你的洋葱(精通英语)。

I mean, that you really control English well.

我的意思是,你很精通英语。

To know your onions, great expression.

Know your onions,很棒的表达。

If you know your onions, right, it means you know something really well, right?

如果你 know your onions,意思是你很了解一些事情。

My computers broken.

我的电脑坏了。

Well, go and get Jack.

嗯,去叫杰克来。

Jacks good with computers.

杰克擅长电脑。

He really knows his onions.

他知道哪里出了问题。

So listen, lets make sure that you, with your English, that you really know your onions in this video.

那么,跟着本期视频一起学习吧。

Lets jump straight in.

我们直接开始吧。

Lets look first of all at some informal situations where you may reply to thanks or thank you.

首先让我们看看一些非正式的场合,在这些场合,你要回答别人对你说的谢谢或谢谢你。

I mean, imagine a simple situation where, for example, you give a friend a nice cup of tea or a cup of coffee and they say, "Thanks," and you say, "Thats okay." Thats okay, that is okay.

想象一个简单的情景,例如,你给一个朋友端来一杯茶或一杯咖啡,他们说,谢谢,然后你说,不客气。不客气,that is okay。

Normally we link, right?

通常我们会连读。

Thats okay. s okay, thats okay.

Thats okay. s okay,不客气。

Or they say, "Thanks," and you say, "Thats fine." Thats fine.

或者他们说,谢谢,然后你说,不客气。不客气。

That is fine, thats fine.

不客气,thats fine。

Often we actually just say, "s fine." We drop the "that" sound right? S fine.

通常我们就说,s fine。去掉前面的音,变成 S fine。

Thanks. - S fine.

谢谢。- 不客气。

Another two you may say are, "Sure. Thanks. Sure. Thanks. Anytime. Anytime." All of these four are quite simple.

另外两种方式是:Sure。谢谢,不客气,Anytime,随时乐意。这四个都非常简单。

Now, I have a friend, right?

我有个朋友。

And Ive known him for a long time, and he has this thing where he will say, "Thanks." And I say, "No worries." Which is a perfectly normal answer, right?

我和他相识很久了,他总喜欢说谢谢。我说:小意思(No worries)。这是一个非常正常的答案,对吧?

No worries, no worries.

小意思,小意思。

And he says, "No, Im not worried.

他说,不,我一点都不担心。

And I go, "Yeah, I know.

我说,是啊,我知道。

Im just saying its fine, dont worry about it." He says, "No, but Im not worried." Okay, I mean, Im just, you are saying thanks. Im saying thats okay.

我只是说小意思,不客气。他说,不是,但我一点也不担心。好吧,我是说,我的意思是,你说谢谢,我说,这没什么。

And what he does, he often takes the words literally, no worries, and says, "Well, but Im not worried." Now, of course, its more idiomatic.

他经常照字面意思理解,no worries(不用担心),然后说,好吧,但我并不担心。这是习惯用语。

I mean somebody says, "Thanks," and you are just saying, "Thats okay," youre saying no worries.

我是说有人说谢谢,你说,不客气,你说 no worries。

Its interesting even native speakers sometimes can take the words literally and can answer in that way, right?

有趣的是,即使是母语人士有时也能从字面上理解单词,并顺着意思回答。

Theres a similar situation.

例如:

I know a few people working in waiter, in waiters?

我认识几个在服务员工作的人,在服务员?

Theyre not working in waiters.

他们没有在服务员中工作。

Theyre working as waiters in restaurants, and in their training, they get told, right, not to say no problem.

他们在餐厅当服务员,在他们的培训中,他们被告知,不要说 no problem。

Which is another answer: thank you, no problem.

这是另一个回答方式:谢谢,no problem(不客气)。

Because if the customers say "Thanks," and the waiter says, "No problem," the customers may go, "Problem, but whats the problem?" And theres a negative feeling, right?

因为如果顾客说谢谢,服务员说 no problem,顾客可能会说,问题,有什么问题?还有一种负面的感觉,对吧?

Its a bit like if I say, "Dont think of a pink elephant," boom.

这有点像我说,不要想粉红色的大象(不要想不可能的事情),然后,砰。

Whats in your head?

你脑子里想的是什么?

Boom. Pink elephant.

砰。粉色大象。

When you say, "No problem," people go, "Problem, whats the problem?" No, no, no, there is no problem.

当你说 No problem 的时候,人们会说有什么 problem?不,不,不,没有问题。

No, but you said problem.

不,但你说有问题。

And so people focus on the word, not the negation, the negative.

人们在捉字眼,没有注意否定意思。

So in training, theyre told dont say no problem because it creates a negative atmosphere.

所以,在培训的时候,他们被告知不要说 no problem,因为这会造成负面气氛。

Like theres a problem in the kitchen.

就像厨房里有问题一样。

Just say thats fine. Sure. Anytime. Things like that.

就说 thats fine、Sure、Anytime,诸如此类。

Now, I think its perfectly fine to say no worries, no problem.

我觉得完全可以说,no worries 和 no problem。

Theyre used a lot. Very natural.

人们经常使用。非常自然。

And they are idiomatic.

很地道。

Use what you feel comfortable with.

使用你习惯用的语言就好。

Lets move on.

让我们继续。

Okay, lets look now at maybe slightly more formal situations.

好,现在让我们看看稍微正式一点的情景。

I mean, lets imagine youve started a new job.

想象你已经开始了一份新工作。

And youre meeting some new colleagues, or youre speaking to someone you dont know very well.

你正在会见一些新同事,或者你正在和你不太了解的人交谈。

They say, "Thank you." You might say, "My pleasure." My pleasure, pleasure.

他们说,谢谢。你可能会说:My pleasure。不客气,pleasure。

Its a zh sound.

发 ʒ 音。

My pleasure, my pleasure.

不客气,不客气。

Or you may say, "Glad I could help." Glad I could help. Glad I could help.

或者你会说,很高兴我能帮忙。Glad I could help,很高兴我能帮忙。

Actually, its I am glad I could help, but we drop the Im.

完整是 I am glad I could help,但我们去掉了 Im。

We just say, Glad I could help, glad I could help.

就说,Glad I could help,很高兴我能帮忙。

Okay.

好。

Or you may say, "Pleased to help." Pleased to help, pleased to help. Pleased to help.

或者你可能会说:很乐意帮忙。Pleased to help,很乐意帮忙。Pleased to help.

Again, its I am pleased to help.

完整句子也是 I am pleased to help。

We just say pleased to help.

我们就是说 pleased to help。

Quite common, quite easy, quite regular to use these.

这些都很常见,很容易掌握,很经常使用。

Now there are two more.

现在还有两个。

Oh no, theres one more which I think is quite a British thing.

哦,不,还有一个,我认为这个很英式。

Again, slightly more formal.

稍微正式一点。

Not at all. Not at all.

Not at all,不客气。

Link them together, not at all.

来连读,not at all。

Right? Thanks. Not at all.

嗯。谢谢。不客气。

I think thats quite British.

我认为这个很英式。

It sounds British, doesnt it?

听起来很英式,不是吗?

Not at all.

Not at all.

And slightly more formal.

稍微正式一点。

There are two others, which I have run up against some interesting situations.

还有另外两种方式,情况有些搞笑。

These are perfectly fine, theyre great.

这两种回答方式都很好。

But now again, you may meet somebody who doesnt like these answers, right?

不过你们也许会遇到不喜欢这些回答的人。

So the first one is, thanks, dont mention it.

第一个是,谢谢,dont mention it(不客气/别提了)。

Dont mention it.

不客气。

To mention, to say or comment or talk about.

Mention,说或评论或谈论。

Dont mention it.

不客气/别提了。

Its a very natural answer.

这是一个非常自然的回答。

Thanks. Dont mention it.

谢谢。不客气。

But once this guy said to me, "Why, why not?" And I was like, "What?" Thanks. Dont mention it.

但是有一次有人问我:为什么,为什么不提呢?我说:什么?谢谢。不客气(别提了)。

Why not?

为什么不提呢?

I want to mention it.

我想提一下。

I want to give my thanks.

我想表达我的谢意。

Why do you say dont mention it?

为什么说别提呢?

And I was totally taken aback and surprised and thought, "But its an expression." I dont mean dont talk about it, its just a way of talking.

我大吃一惊,惊讶不已,心想,额,这只是一种表达啦。我不是说不要谈论它,这只是一种表达。

But again, he took the words literally.

但他也从字面上理解这些词。

And personally, he didnt like that expression.

他个人并不喜欢这个表达。

Thats fine.

没关系。

I think 99% of the time nobody will think about that.

我认为 99% 的时候没有人会想到这一点。

So thanks, dont mention it.

谢了,不客气。

And again, a similar one could be, "Thanks. Its nothing." Some people may not like that cause it has, again, the negative feeling, its nothing.

同样,类似的可以是:谢谢。小意思(没什么大不了的)。有些人可能不喜欢这个回答,因为它有负面的感觉:没什么大不了的。

But actually giving thanks and accepting thanks should be a good thing.

但实际上给予感谢和接受感谢应该是一件好事。

Dont make it negative.

不要让它变成负面的。

I personally disagree.

我个人不同意。

I would just say, "Thanks, dont mention it.

我会说:谢谢,dont mention it(不客气)。

Thanks. Its nothing." Sounds absolutely fine to me.

谢谢,小意思。对我来说听起来完全没问题。

Hmm, so again, dont over-complicate things.

嗯,所以不要把事情复杂化。

Listen, notice what people use.

听、注意人们使用哪种回答。

Notice how people react, and just use what you are comfortable with.

注意人们的反应,使用你习惯用的表达就好。

Lets move on.

让我们继续。

Okay, lets look at now situations where you are maybe more than happy to help somebody.

好吧,让我们看看这个情景,你可能非常乐于助人。

And you want to express that you are really, really happy to do something to help somebody.

你想表达你非常非常乐意做某事来帮助别人。

For example, when you give a gift to somebody, like a present or a birthday present, and that person says, "There you go." In English, if somebody gives you a gift, what do you say when youre receiving the gift?

例如,送礼物给某人时,比如礼物或生日礼物,那个人说,There you go。在英语中,如果有人送你礼物,当你收到礼物时你会说什么?

"Oh, you shouldnt have." You shouldnt have.

Oh, you shouldnt have.(哦,你太客气了。)你太客气了。

You should not have bought the gift.

买什么礼物呀!

That is a such a common expression.

这是一个很常见的表达。

But we say, "You shouldnt have.

但我们会说,You shouldnt have.

You shouldnt have.

You shouldnt have.(连读)

Oh, you shouldnt have." And then you say, "Of course. Well, my pleasure," or, "Youre welcome." But if you want to be stronger, you can say, "Oh, you are most welcome. You are most welcome. You are very welcome." Or my personal favorite, "Its the least I could do. Oh, its the least I could do." Its the least I could do.

哦,你这么客气干嘛呀。然后你说,哪有。不客气。或者,不客气。但是如果你想表达更强烈的情感,你可以说,Oh, you are most welcome. 你真是太客气了。You are very welcome.或者我个人最喜欢的这个:Its the least I could do. 小小心意,不成敬礼。小小心意,不成敬礼。

Meaning I could do many, many things, but as a minimum, this is what Ive chosen to do.

意思是我可以做很多很多事情,但我选择了做这件事。

But thats an expression of really being happy to help, right?

就是我很乐意做这件事的意思。

Its the least I could do.

小小心意,不成敬礼/乐意帮忙。

This reminds me of a situation when I was living in China, actually.

事实上,这让我想起了我在中国生活时的一个情景。

And a student gave me a gift, which was nice for helping him.

一个学生送了我一份礼物,很感谢我对他的帮助。

And I said, "Thanks," and they said, "I should do it." And I said, "What do you mean you should do it? But you did it?" Because in English, when we say I should do something, it means youre probably not going to do it.

我说,谢谢。他们说,这是我应该做的。我说,你说你应该做是什么意思?但你做了?因为在英语中,当我们说我应该做(should do)某事时,意思是你可能不会去做。

I should go and study English, but Im not going to.

我应该去学英语,但我不打算去。

So when the person said, "Oh its what I should do," it was a bit strange.

所以当这个人说,哦,这是我应该做的时,我有点奇怪。

It didnt sound right.

听起来不太对劲。

And I think what was happening as they explained to me was theres an expression in Chinese: 这是我应该做的.

然后他们向我解释的是中文里有一种表达:这是我应该做的。

Meaning, really, its something I should do.

意思是,真的,这是我应该做的。

Its my duty, its my responsibility, and its my honor, if you like, to do it.

这是我的职责,我的责任,或者说,做这件事是我的荣幸。

So I was racking my brains thinking a lot, to rack my brains, about how you would say that in English.

我绞尽脑汁的想了很多,绞尽脑汁,关于这个用英语怎么说。

Well, yeah, its my responsibility, its my duty. No, something I should do. Not really.

嗯,这是我的责任,这是我的职责,不对,这是我应该做的事,也不太对。

And one expression that I came up with was, well, its my honor.

我想出的一个说法是:这是我的荣幸。

Its my honor, right.

这是我的荣幸。

Now, I think speaking with British and American people, I would very rarely say that.

我认为与英国和美国人交谈时,我很少会这么说。

Its very strong.

这个表达太过了。

However, when speaking with Asian people in that Asian context, for me it felt comfortable.

然而,在亚洲背景下与亚洲人交谈时,这个表达就没问题。

And maybe its cause, in my opinion, I think a lot of Asian languages, and Im thinking like Chinese maybe, theres more expressions of formality around etiquette and behavior than in English.

也许是因为,在我看来,我认为很多亚洲语言,我想像中国人一样,礼仪和行为的正式表达可能比英语多。

And trying to capture that is sometimes difficult in English.

把这些用英语表达出来有时很困难。

And so for me, that worked, its my honor.

对我来说,这个表达也可以,这是我的荣幸。

Ive done this a lot with students.

我经常和学生这么对话。

For example, if I make a video with a student, and the student says, "Oh thanks, this is great." And I say, "No, its my honor, really, its my honor." And it really helps capture the idea of Im happy to do it.

例如,如果我和一个学生制作了一个视频,这个学生说,哦,谢谢,这很棒。我说,"不,这是我的荣幸,真的,我很荣幸。"这真的有助于传达我很乐意这样做的想法。

Im very happy to do it.

我很高兴做这件事。

Its not only a duty, but its a privilege for me.

这不仅是我的责任,也是我的荣幸。

And I like that. Its my honor.

我喜欢。这是我的荣幸。

I was reading recently on a blog about some comments by a veteran.

我最近在一个博客上读到一位老兵的一些评论。

He was a US war veteran.

他是一名美国退伍军人。

So this soldier, often American people will say to a soldier, if hes in uniform, "Thank you for your service." And this soldier said, "Its my honor." And it was that idea, right, of its a duty. Its responsibility.

这个士兵......通常美国人会对穿着军装的士兵说感谢你对国家的服务。这个士兵说,这是我的荣幸。就是这个意思,这是一份责任。是一份责任。

Its my privilege to serve for my country.

为国家服务是我的荣幸。

Its my honor.

这是我的荣幸。

So we do use it in English.

在英语中我们确实会用这个表达。

I think its just used looking for the right time to express what you want to feel.

只要场合、情景合适,就可以用你认为合适的表达。

There we go. Lets move on.

好。让我们继续。

Right, finally, that expression that will make you sound super British, right, the one that will, when you say it will show that you know your onions.

好,最后,这个表达会让你听起来非常英式,当你使用它时的时候,它会展示你精通英语。

Remember, you are very knowledgeable about English.

记住,你的英语知识非常丰富。

This expression is an answer to thank you.

这个表达是对谢谢的回答。

And I remember this was going back a while, and my wife and I were traveling in the UK.

我记得这是很久以前的事了,我太太和我在英国旅行。

We were in a pub and we met this guy, I think he was Spanish.

我们在一家酒吧,我们遇到了一个人,我想他是西班牙人。

And we sat down, and after about two or three sentences, I said to my wife, "God, hes been in England a long time." And she said, "How do you know that?

我们坐下来,说了两三句之后,我对我妻子说,天哪,他来英国好久了。她说:你怎么知道的?

Weve only started talking." And I said, "Yeah, but when I said Thanks, he said, Thats quite all right." And I just said, "Thats the kind of local expression you only know when you come and live in Britain." And that was it. Thats quite all right.

我们只是说了几句。我说,是的,但是当我跟他说谢谢时,他说,Thats quite all right。我说,这是一种只有当你来到英国生活时才知道的当地表达方式。就是这个表达:Thats quite all right。

Thats quite alright.

Thats quite all right. (不客气。)

The t of the quite, we often drop that sound.

我们经常会省略 quite 中的 T 音。

Thats quite alright.

不客气。

Thats quite alright.

不客气。

Thanks. Thats quite alright.

谢谢。不客气。

And I think thats just such a typical local expression.

我认为这是一个非常典型的当地表达方式。

One, good for you to know if you are going to travel to Britain, maybe one that you could use.

如果你要去英国旅行,你可以事先知道这个表达,也许你可以用一下。

Im not sure they use it in the States.

我不确定美国人会不会用这个表达。

Probably not.

可能不会。

But anyway, good to know.

不管怎样,了解一下也是好的。

Thats it for todays video.

今天的视频就到这里。

If you would like the full list of all these expressions, just click on the link in the description, and you can download the PDF for free.

如果你想要所有这些表达的完整列表,只需点击描述框中的链接,就可以免费下载 PDF。

Start practicing and start getting better and better.

开始练习,慢慢掌握和提高。

Listen, thank you so much for watching.

非常感谢你的观看。

If youve liked it, do subscribe, turn on the notifications, leave me a comment down there, and let me know which is your favorite answer to thanks.

喜欢本频道的同学,记得订阅,打开通知,在下方给我留言,让我知道你最喜欢哪一个表达。

And thanks for watching.

感谢收看。

Ill see you in the next video.

我们下期视频再见。

Take care. Bye-bye.

保重。拜拜。

上一篇:

下一篇:

  推荐阅读

分享